Re: “I've known Stallman since the 1970s...” (was: How do we proceed?)

Aaron Wolf wolftune at riseup.net
Tue Oct 8 18:34:55 BST 2019

Agreed, that was a remarkable contribution.

Keep in mind also that it can be easy to confuse shitposting and
defensive ranting. If the other poster really had no idea what was going
on, their posts make sense in a sort of defensive what-the-hell sort of way.

I think Daniel deserves *some* of the criticism people have brought up
about how lists are managed etc., but his recent post about how to
engage with others on a human level is spot on.

At the least, criticize behaviors ("shitposting") rather than labeling
people ("shitposters")

The labeling and rejecting of people without really understanding them
is exactly what other folks are doing to RMS.