some advice from Barack Obama to Free Software communities?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Oct 16 13:32:36 BST 2019

On 16/10/2019 12:29, Anco Dapo wrote:

>> Here is what Obama tells us:
>
> Why do you think your problem is not limited to the FSFE?

It isn't just the FSFE.  Back in Roman times they would "demote" people
to be non-citizens and take away their vote, like demoting the Fellows
to be Supporters.  Every now and then they would kill some slaves to
keep all the other slaves in fear.

Romans used lions and tigers to kill their slaves, now it is email
lynchings but isn't it the same mindset?

> It is unlikely that all these organizations who kicked you out did so without reason.

I wasn't kicked out, I resigned:

https://lists.fsfe.org/pipermail/discussion/2018-September/012650.html

A few weeks later Matthias Kirschner had a meeting with Chris Lamb
(Debian) in Italy somewhere and decided to make ongoing hostilities.
Why this vendetta, why didn't they let sleeping dogs lie after I resigned?

So it looks like you are the one spreading fake news.

> You keep on pointing to a smoking gun, but there is none.

Look at the FSF archives and see if you can find the message I posted in
support of RMS:

https://danielpocock.com/what-does-fsf-censor/

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2019-10/index.html

Notice that messages posted by Jean Louis and I today don't appear there
either.  Censorship.  Smoking gun.

Regards,

Daniel