on SJWs and feminists

Jean Louis bugs at gnu.support
Fri Oct 18 17:06:07 BST 2019

* Christian Imhorst <christian.imhorst at fsfe.org> [2019-10-18 20:29]:
> Dear Daniel,
>
> Am 18.10.19 um 11:24 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> > As a native English speaker, I'll simply comment that some people do
> > generally use the word gas in that context
>
> okay but ahilter doesn't, because he wrote:
>
> Am 17.10.19 um 16:41 schrieb ahilter at keemail.me:
> > people like you *would have been gassed* for attacking our leader!

That type of "speech" falls into harassment, is not protected by free
speech laws. Mailing list owner could moderate it to keep nice
conversation.

But if somebody makes generalizations and speaks in what one thinks is
"fascist", that alone, if it is not harassment, shall be protected by
free speech rights and their opinions is to be respected. But does
fascism fall into the topic of the mailing list? That is the question.

Free speech means to respect other people's opinions and rights to
express them even if one does not like those opinions.

Who is raised in Germany, France and other countries known for
suppression of free speech, maybe finds it hard to assume such
non-partisan viewpoint and allow others free speech.

Mailing list owner can always set rules and say what is allowed or
what shall be on topic and thus may moderate.

Jean