FSFE GA meeting, 11-13 October, Essen, removing RMS from the constitution?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Sep 26 23:44:15 BST 2019

On 26/09/2019 23:42, Reinhard Müller wrote:
> Am 26.09.19 um 23:30 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Thanks for the fast response
>
> You're welcome. However, pointing out where your statements are
> incorrect can be a time-consuming and tiring job, so plese don't be
> disappointed if I only follow up on the most extreme cases.

A little fact: I only paid the absolute minimum contribution to FSFE
each year.

Even after the Fellowship elected me, my payments were late.  By months.

Herr Kirschner didn't even need to make conspiracies with Debian to
blackmail me into resigning from the representative role because my
payment was so late that my membership may have lapsed anyway.

Nonetheless, in the minutes[1] of the 2018 annual meeting, FSFE still
thanked me.  Thank you for doing so, I sincerely appreciate it and if
people hadn't maintained the gossip after that, I probably wouldn't have
said any more about FSFE since then.

Given that RMS has done so much more than me, why didn't FSFE think him
too?  Why the smug blog post gloating about his demise at the hands of
character assassins?

Is that an unreasonable thing for me to ask?  Will the FSFE GA meeting
of 2019 pass a motion thanking RMS for starting the Free Software
movement and leading it for the better part of his life?

If you feel that thanking the man who /defined/ Free Software is too
time-consuming and tiring, how can you accept the money generated by
this movement?

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://fsfe.org/about/legal/minutes/minutes-2018-10-07.en.pdf