consent to be deceived? (was: Re: best way to support Free Software financially?)

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Sun Sep 29 10:46:33 BST 2019

On September 29, 2019 9:42:25 AM GMT+02:00, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:
>This is the same list with a new name,

No, it is a new list with a similar name (in order to confuse and deceive) and you subscribed everyone without their consent.

>Censorship on the FSFE-operated list is a form >of deception, it hides the views of some people.

I am quite happy to prevent certain statements through moderation. Racist statements come to mind, for example. And you also turn moderation on here, so there you go.

> There is no evidence that Fellows consented
>to being deceived.

Exactly. So comply with the unsubscribe requests.