consent to be deceived?

Danny Spitzberg stationaery at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 21:52:38 BST 2019

Here's the important bit from email I received on Sep. 22:
> If you want to decline this invitation, please simply disregard this
> message.  If you have any questions, please send them to
> discussion-owner at lists.fsfellowship.eu."

I did nothing, and yet, I got magically subscribed!

So, Christopher, while I'm grateful for the explanation of how this thing
called the Internet works, you seem to misunderstand that I'm talking
specifically about *consent* -- and you also seem to disagree with what
happened, which is why I shared the above quote. For further reading on
consent, I'm happy to share a lovely website and publication that explains
the concept as it pertains to technology: http://www.consentfultech.io/.
Borrowing from that framework: I was misinformed, and I was certainly not
enthusiastic about it.

It's really no wonder to me any more why FSF die-hards dismiss any kind of
constructive criticism -- from Bradley Kuhn's 2018 LibrePlanet talk to this
email from alex at libregraphicsworld.org on Sep. 27:

> Dear Daniel,
>
> You subscribed me to a bunch of lists without my explicit permission
> and now you expect me to do the dirty work of unsubscribing.
>
> What were you thinking?

And, no response from Daniel so far.