consent to be deceived?

Christopher Waid chris at thinkpenguin.com
Mon Sep 30 08:46:56 BST 2019

On 2019-09-30 02:03 AM, Danny Spitzberg wrote:
> Re. “the internet fundamental disagrees with me” — hey, if
> you’re talking to the internet, can you please ask it to post the
> recording of Bradley Kuhn’s LibrePlanet talk? Information wants to
> be free, right?
>
> But seriously, as long as I’m getting double emails about #RiseUp!!1
> and so on, I’m on a new list. Re-read the excerpt from the
> subscription confirmation e-mail (“ignore this and nothing will
> happen”) and you’ll see misinformation in the name of what I’ll
> generously call vigilante justice.
>
> I will say it’s that too bad that FSF is in tumult and changed
> it’s terms to prevent the occasional murder/execution conspiracy
> claim. I guess it’s also entertaining to see so much righteous
> indignation and the occasional assassination speculation.
>
> But in practical terms..., I’m glad to see Daniel’s conduct and
> this list referred to as spam.

Calling it spam is a bit of a stretch. It's pretty obvious most of the
people on it *WANT* to be on the list. There were more people who
clearly indicated that than not. If it were actual spam you wouldn't be
able to unsubscribe and there wouldn't be a connection to actions you'd
taken. At those whom are claiming it is spam.