transparency and succession

Brendan Kidwell brendan at glump.net
Mon Sep 30 20:53:33 BST 2019

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, at 06:28, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 30/09/2019 12:10, Florian Snow wrote:
> > In the interest of transparency, I as one of Daniel's successors in
> > whatever this here is [0], would like to point everyone, but especially,
> > the new suscribers here to the full story so that everyone can make up
>
> "Full story" is misleading.  There are at least two sides to every
> story, especially in a political situation like this.
>
> Most people are fed up with hearing arguments over who to believe.

Daniel, my personal interaction with you over the past couple of weeks and the evidence I see in public on this mailing list paint a very clear picture to me. This makes me more inclined to believe Florian's argument is not misleading.

I had no prior interaction with you; I expressed a token of support privately, in response to a public email from you on LibrePlanet, and you proceeded to add me to some confusing broadcast email mechanism that included misleading headers. Despite the fact that I voluntarily signed up for this email list "discussion at lists.fsffellowship.eu" as a result of the ensuing private one-on-one discussions, it took a couple of days to get you to stop sending improper one-to-many emails to me that didn't get relayed through a standard opt-in system.

My personal experience from our new relationship meshes with negative public complaints and "unsubscribe" confusion I've seen in the last week and with Florian's point of view expressed here.

To be clear: I have no personal conflict with you right now over politics and I have no ongoing protocol issues relating to MY email addresses, but please understand that breaking protocol in email or anywhere else is not a good way to win friends.